Saturday, June 6, 2009

some candy talking.

I took a few days off the bike after (I think) pulling or straining a muscle while hammering (read: getting my ass handed to me on a carbon fiber platter by Shannon et al.) on the Tuesday ride. Today I forewent my usual 2-3 hours on the road and did some projects around the house instead.

One of these projects involved (finally) putting clipless pedals on my beater MTB, and the corresponding cleats on my new MTB shoes. I went with Crank Brothers Candy C pedals again--I run them on my 'cross bike, and absolutely love them--only for the MTB I got red pedals instead of pink ones (side note: I love the pink pedals, but damned if these aren't beyond hot--not to mention that they match the EuroX Magnesium wide-profile brakes as seen on Mud and Cowbells *fans self*). Going clipless will be terrific for training purposes, and will also be awesome for riding in the snow... but it was high time in general, as I plan to try a few MTB races this summer.

Um, yeah, about that. You know that reality show "So You Think You Can Dance"? I would totally watch one called "So You Think You Can Race," except I'd, you know, be watching my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment