Sunday, June 7, 2009

Emo My Ride: MTB Edition.

Woke up still a bit sore, and opted to sit out one more day--meh! However, since I was already awake, I decided to drive over to Newton and give marshaling at Wells a go.

I helped out with the D, C, and B races. The organizers ran the D as a straight crit, and the C and B races as points races. I was assigned the best job ever: ringing the bell for primes and double-points laps!! It was like being Vanna White, only with quads and a Castelli hat instead of a sequined dress.

(Side note: I need a sequined dress--not for Wells, because that would just be stupid, but, like, in general. But I digress.)

Anyway, given that I was still full of energy when I returned home, I decided to do unspeakable things to my mountain bike in the form of applying reflective decals to it. Reflective, heart-shaped decals... but it gets worse. I took some scissors and made them look like broken hearts. (If the edges are a little crooked, it's because I was also dancing to Jimmy Eat World at the time and, well, my hand slipped.*) My friend Anna says, "it's not gay, it's decorating," but I'm still on the fence.

Before:
Emo My Ride: MTB edition

After:
Emo My Ride: MTB edition

Gory details:
Emo My Ride: MTB edition

Emo My Ride: MTB edition

Tomorrow I am hopefully back on the bike and off the blog!

*kidding... though it has happened before.

No comments:

Post a Comment