Thursday, July 2, 2009

race report: subconscious.

It must be the fall weather we're having this July in New England: last night I dreamt I won Day 1 of the Verge NECCS Series at the Gran Prix of Gloucester. NOT BLOODY LIKELY, but, a girl can dream. Oh wait, that was sort of the point.

Anyway, RACE REPORT time. I have absolutely no recollection of the hole shot, but all of a sudden, I was off the front trailed by a junior girl (maybe 8 years old?). She threatened to report me to the USCF officials for swearing, and I somehow (sans further swearing) talked her out of it; at the finish, another girl attempted to tackle me and slow me down BUT I PREVAILED! Unfortunately, I JUST made it across the finish in front of her, so no cheesy victory salute. Also, she had threatened to lie to Diane about something that had happened during the race, but I found Diane first! muahahahahaha WIN. (Literally.) Then I found a bunch of dudes from our team, who were leading cheers waiting for Kate to come in (apparently she had decided to do 'cross this season too), so I joined them. My friend Julie, who is a beast but for some reason had downgraded to Cat 4 due to teammates crashing, had also not yet crossed the line.

The course was very weird: some grass, but also some riding by ravines on dirt, and then a new "urban" element where we had to do a runup (I'm guessing, because I don't remember that part) and then ride through someone's apartment, which was being offered for rent. I believe I ran into my friends Abby, Jeff, and Jenn there. That was kind of nice. Also, it was apparently almost Christmas. But not cold.

Clearly, I have issues... but none that new straddle cables won't fix! Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment