Friday, April 10, 2009

firsts!

I'm pleased (!) to report that the new road bike received her first catcall this evening. I was stuck behind a truck in the dicey construction zone near Beacon Street and Somerville Ave., feeling the first few drops of rain and hoping that we would make it home from our short training spin before the roads got completely wet and gross, when I detected a whistle over the sound of the idling engines.

I turned to see a guy with dreadlocks grinning and saying, "Hey, cutie, looking good!"

Naturally, this was directed at the bike, and I have a feeling that, with her plump, stiff rear triangle and generous bottom bracket, she's going to be hearing a lot more of these kinds of sentiments.

My Anaconda don't want none unless you're Carbon-Aluminum, hon!

No comments:

Post a Comment